- Reviews (0)
Crystalline Trypsin Solution (0.02%)
Crude trypsin is commonly the subculturing agent of choice for cell dissociation/ disaggregation of adherent cells, although longterm treatment has the potential to be cytotoxic to the cells. The over use of trypsin is a recurrent cause of subculture problems. When using crystalline trypsin versus crude trypsin forms, crystalline trypsin does not damage cells after prolonged exposure.
- Does not require multiple-change procedures
- Maintains better cell viability and enhances the process of cell passaging
- Not as cytotoxic to cells with all the negative ramifications of crude trypsin
- Contains additives that protect the cell wall, enhancing cell viability, and it is a ready-to-use solution
The complete formulation is available.
- Cells must NEVER remain in the crude trypsin for longer than 3-5 minutes as they may be seriously damaged in the process (i.e. damage to the intracellular proteins).
- Cells should NEVER be left without a fluid layer.
- The use of crystalline trypsin, rather than crude trypsin, most often performs better long-term cell growth in serum-free medium formulations. It is specifically formulated to have a gentle nature with much better cell viability, in which the cells are not subject to the vagaries of time and circumstance as when the cruder forms of trypsin are utilized.
100 mL, 500 mL