MSCgo Adipogenic Differentiation Medium
This kit includes three components: Medium and two supplements
Optimized for directed differentiation of hMSCs to adipocytes, 100 mL
- Reviews (0)
MSCgo™ Adipogenic Differentiation Medium Overview:
MSCgo™ Adipogenic Differentiation Medium is a serum-free and xeno-free formulation developed for optimal differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSC) to mature adipocytes. The MSCgo™ Adipogenic Differentiation Medium is validated to efficiently differentiate hMSC from a variety of sources, including bone marrow (BM-MSC), adipose tissue (AT-MSC), umbilical cord tissue (UC-MSC), and Wharton’s jelly (WJ-MSC). The MSCgo™ Adipogenic Differentiation Medium kit includes a basal medium and two supplement mixes, containing all growth factors and supplements necessary for a complete adipoogenic differentiation medium. No additional supplements are required.
The MSCgo™ Adipogenic Differentiation protocol is part of a complete system for multipotency evaluation of hMSCs. This kit enables reliable differentiation of hMSCs to mature adipocytes without background differentiation or interruption in cellular metabolism.
- Serum-free, xeno-free medium
- All required growth factors and supplements included in kit
- Reliable differentiation to mature adipocytes
- Each lot is application tested
- Contains stable L-alanyl-L-glutamine
- Does not contain antibiotics
- MSCgo Adipogenic Differentiation Basal Medium: 100 mL
- MSCgo Adipogenic Differentiation Supplement Mix I: 100 μL
- MSCgo Adipogenic Differentiation Supplement Mix II: 1.5 mL
The differentiation of hMSC to adipocytes results in the formation of spherical cells accumulated with lipid droplets that can be detected using an inverted microscope. The amount of differentiated cells can be vary using different hMSC (e.g. source, age, and passage number).
After expansion in culture using MSC NitriStem XF Medium, hMSCs from adipose tissue (hMSC-AT), bone marrow (hMSC-BM), and cord tissue (hMSC-CT) were transfered to a differentiation assay in MSCgo™ Adipogenic Differentiation Medium. Images were taken after 16 days of adipogenesis and Oil Red-O staining (20x).
Required Materials for Adipogenic Assay:
- MSCgo™ Adipogenic Differentiation Medium (Cat. No. 05-331-1A-KT)
- MSC Attachment Solution (Cat. No. 05-752-1)
- MSC NutriStem® XF (Cat. No. 05-200-1)
- Oil Red O (optional)
Instruction For Use
Complete Medium Preparation
- Thaw MSCgo™ Adipogenic Supplement Mix I (05-331-1-01) and MSCgo™ Adipogenic Supplement Mix II (05-331-1-15) at room temperature.
- Add 100 µl of Supplement Mix I and 1.5 mL of Supplement Mix II to 100 mL of in the MSCgo™ Adipogenic Basal Medium (05-330-1B).
- Store the complete medium at 2 to 8°C for up to 30 days.
Note: The combination of both MSCgo Adipogenic Supplement Mix I and II into the Basal Medium generates a complete medium that is ready for use. No additional supplements are required.
Adipogenic Differentiation Basal Medium: 2 to 8°C, Adipogenic Differentiation Supplement Mix I: -20°C, Adipogenic Differentiation Supplement Mix II: -20°C
The MSCgo Adipogenic Differentiation Medium is validated for optimal differentiation of hMSC into chondrocytes. Additional tests are: pH, osmolality, endotoxins and sterility tests.
For human ex vivo tissue and cell culture processing applications. This reagent is not approved for human or animal use, or for application of in vitro diagnostic procedures.
- J. Leber et al., Microcarrier choice and bead-to-bead transfer for human mesenchymal stem cells in serum-containing and chemically defined media. Process Biochemistry, volume 59, Part B, August 2017, Pages 255-265
- L. Pu et al., Compared to the amniotic membrane, Wharton’s jelly may be a more suitable source of mesenchymal stem cells for cardiovascular tissue engineering and clinical regeneration. Stem Cell Research & Therapy 2017 8:72
- M. Meng et al., Umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in the treatment of multiple sclerosis. American Journal of Translational Research, 2018;10(1):212-223
Materials Safety Data Sheet
- MSCgo™ Adipogenic Differentiation Medium (MSDS)
- MSCgo™ Adipogenic Differentiation Supplement Mix I (MSDS)
- MSCgo™ Adipogenic Differentiation Supplement Mix II (MSDS)