CryoStem™ MSC Freezing Medium
Chemically defined, animal component-free, protein-free solution
Designed for optimal cryopreservation of hMSCs
|CryoStem™ MSC Freezing Medium, 50 mL||05-712-1E||50 mL|
|CryoStem™ MSC Freezing Medium, 10 mL||05-712-1D||10 mL|
- Reviews (0)
CryoStem MSC Freezing Medium Overview:
CryoStem MSC Freezing Medium is a chemically defined, animal component-free and protein-free formulation, designed for optimal cryopreservation of human mesenchymal stem cells from a variety of sources, including bone marrow (BM-MSC), adipose tissue (AT-MSC) and umbilical cord tissue (UC-MSC).
When culturing cells under serum free conditions, it is important to cryopreserve the cells also in a solution free of serum. The novel CryoStem™ MSC Freezing Medium contains methylcellulose and DMSO as a replacement for serum. After freezing and thawing, a very high percentage of viable hMSCs are obtained with excellent attachment ability as well as morphology and growth performance.
Comparative studies have shown that in most cases higher viabilities and adhesion percentages are obtained in comparison to serum-containing freezing medium. This means that CryoStem™ MSC Freezing Medium can be also be used on hMSC that have been cultured in serum supplemented growth media.
- Chemically defined, animal component-free, protein-free
- Complete, ready-to-use solution
- Provides optimum cryopreservation conditions for hMSCs from a variety of sources
- High cell attachment and viability after thawing
- Suitable for cells cultured in either serum-free or serum-containing media
- Optimised for hMSCs cultured with MSC NutriStem® XF Medium
This product is tested for performance using human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSC). Each lot is tested for optimal cell viability, cell attachment, and proliferation after cryopreservation and thawing.
10 mL, 50 mL
- Kundrotas, Gabrielis, et al. Identity, proliferation capacity, genomic stability and novel senescence markers of mesenchymal stem cells isolated from low volume of human bone marrow. Oncotarget 7.10 (2016): 10788.
- Kundrotas, Gabrielis. Investigation of human mesenchymal stem cell genetic characteristics to ensure therapy safety. Diss. Vilnius University, 2016.